Price Without Textbook: $294.50 outside of California
$295.00 in California
Price With Textbook: $498.50 outside of California
$499.00 in California
How This Online Paramedic Refresher Course Applies:
State of California Paramedics
This course counts as a complete Paramedic Refresher Course for current or expired Paramedics in California who need to complete 48 hours of Paramedic refresher training. Select "Paramedic Refresher Certificate" during the enrollment process.
Aspiring NREMT Paramedics
This course applies for those people who have failed the initial NREMT Paramedic exam 3 times anywhere in the U.S. and required a Paramedic Refresher Course to retest an additional 3 times. Select "Paramedic Refresher Certificate" during the enrollment process.
Expired NREMT Paramedics
This course applies as a Paramedic Refresher Course for expired NREMT Certified Paramedics who want to be eligible to take the NREMT Paramedic exam. Select "Paramedic Refresher Certificate" during the enrollment process.
Currently Certified NREMT Paramedics
Those currently certified as NREMT Paramedics have three options to recertify before their certification expires.
1. Refresher + CE Model = this option requires 48 of refresher training (10 of which can be taken online) and 24 Hour Continuing Education (CE) training (12 of which can be taken online). This course applies as 22 hours (10, refresher + 12 CE). Select "Paramedic Refresher Certificate" during the enrollment process.
2. CE only Model = this option requires 72 hours of CE (48 of which must include the National Paramedic Scope of Practice Topics) of which 22 can be taken online. This course applies as 22 hours of CE. Select "Continuing Education Certificate" during the enrollment process.
3. Test only Model = this options requires no training hours and requires Paramedics to pass the exam on their first attempt. This course would only help you prepare for the exam.
This course applies for 12 hours of credit for the NREMT.
*Check your state EMS Authority for any possible additional requirements.
Online Paramedic Refresher Course Sections:
Module 1: Paramedic Operations The Paramedic
- Medical and Legal Aspects
- Humidified oxygen
- Partial rebreather mask, simple face mask, Venturi mask, tracheostomy mask
- Mechanical CPR device
- Hemorrhage control (direct/tourniquet)
- Oral aspirin
- Assisting patients w/self medication
- Anatomy and Physiology General Principles of Pathophysiology
- Life Span Development
- General Principles of Pharmacology
- IV Access and Medication Administration
Module 2: Airway, Breathing and Cardiology Airway Management and Ventilation
- Therapeutic Communications
- History Taking
- Patient Assessment Physical Exam Techniques
- Patient Assessment in the Field
- Patient Assessment and Clinical Decision Making
Module 3: Trauma Trauma
- Hemorrhage and Shock
- Soft-tissue Trauma
- Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Head, Facial and Neck Trauma
- Spinal Trauma
- Thoracic Trauma
- Abdominal Trauma
Module 4: Medical Emergencies Pulmonology
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Toxicology and Substance Abuse
- Environmental Emergencies
- Infectious Disease
- Psychiatric and Behavioral Disorders
Module 5: Obstetrics and Pediatrics Obstetric
- Geriatric Emergencies
- Abuse and Assault
- The Challenged Patient
- Acute Interventions for the Chronic Care Patient
Module 6: Special Operations Assessment-based Management
- Ambulance Operations and Air Transport
- The Incident Command System
- Rescue Awareness and Operations
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Crime-scene Awareness
[ Top ]
Online Paramedic Refresher Course Exams:
Each Module has a post exam which must be successfully passed with a minimum score of 70%.
[ Top ]